Information - BARWON JUNIOR COUNTRY WEEK 2020
BARWON JUNIOR COUNTRY WEEK 2020 JANUARY 6-9
1. Times of Play - All games in each competition will commence at 9:30 and players are asked to be in attendance at their ground at 9:00am.
It is anticipated that lunch will be taken at approximately 12:00 noon each day for 30-45 minutes with play resuming at approximately 1.00 pm, for a finish at about 3:15pm (The U17 match should be finished earlier).
2. Club Responsibilities - GCA clubs have been assigned responsibility for the management & care of the various teams. The delegated GCA club responsible for the GCA team is required to ensure stumps are brought each day of the tournament. The association provides balls, score-sheets and information packs at the respective association launches.
GCA – Thomson CC at 10:00am, Sunday, January 5
BPCA - Barwon Heads CC at 5:30pm, Sunday, January 5
Host clubs availing their venue are expected to have toilet facilities open and available for players and supporters each day. At the end of each day’s play, both team managers are to ensure the rooms, toilet facilities and general facilities are left clean and tidy.
3. Match Results - Results of each match are to be telephoned by the winning team’s manager/coach to Glen Potter as soon as possible after the completion of matches on 0458 282 994. Alternatively, have them emailed to GJCAMyCricket@hotmail.com
Results must be submitted prior to 5.30pm to allow collation for press reporting the next day.
4. Equipment/apparel - Players are expected to wear clean whites each day. A player’s normal club shirt and cap are most appropriate to wear, though players who’ve earned a rep shirt and cap through selection are welcome to wear them.
It would very helpful if coaches/team managers could have a team kit bag available for use, in the event a player does not have their own equipment.
Players should bring their own equipment, if they have some, and sunscreen and hat/cap.
All players should be wearing hats on the field of play.
5. Lunch and Drinks/Refreshments - Players, supporters, managers and others are expected to provide their own drinks and lunches, and be Sunsmart. It is not the responsibility of hosting clubs to do so.
6. Finals - Grand Finals will be conducted on Thursday, January 9 for the teams finishing 1st & 2nd in each of the divisions after three day's play. The playing conditions for finals will be the same as for during the first three day's play. The grounds for finals will be decided after the ladders have been calculated on Wednesday afternoon. Medallions will be presented to the divisional winners.
7. Further Information - In the event of adverse weather conditions, players, managers, responsible clubs, parents/guardians are advised to use the Geelong Junior Cricket Association website and/or Facebook page in the first instance for updated information as it unfolds, or contact Grant Dew (BJCW Coordinator) on 0416 185 680. This specifically covers adverse weather conditions – TOO HOT or TOO WET.